Word Cache-EP 46
Spy X Family Ep6 (Spoiler alert)
to count or calculate something
- “Once all the scores were tallied, Anya Forger landed in the top spot on the waiting list.” – explained master Henderson to the Forgers when they couldn’t find Anya’s name on the accepted students list.
- Make sure to keep a tally of the number of customers going in and out.
a physical substance that things can be made from; Ideas or information that are used as a basis for a book, play, or film; used to describe that someone has the qualities or abilities to do a particular job or task
- “Stand tall, Forgers. You are indeed Eden Academy material.” – encouraged master Henderson when Loid expressed doubt about the performance score of their interview
- Although he was intelligent, he decided to quit school and pursue a career in stand-up comedy because he felt that he just wasn’t university material.
to recognize or accept something as true; to allow someone to enter a place or join an organization;
- “So we just need one opening for Anya to be admitted?” – asked Yor to master Henderson
- At first he denied doing anything wrong, but later admitted making a mistake.
a hole or space that something or someone can pass through; an available position or job
- “I need an opening for my Anya! So I’m asking you to die!” – thought Yor in her imaginary scenario of having to assassinate another student’s parent for the opening
- The rabbit escaped through an opening in the fence.
(of alcohol or another drug) to make someone lose some control of their actions or behaviour:
- “I’ve been trained to drink without being intoxicated” – replied Loid to a tipsy Franky when questioned whether or not he was actually drinking
- Loid Forger was forced by the intoxicated Franky into playing a high-budget pretend game with Anya and Yor in order to please Anya after her successful admission to the school.