Word Cache-EP 48
Spy X Family Ep8 (Spoiler alert)
Not excitingly attractive; not glamorous.
- “…you need to get close to him, earn his trust, observe him at length. The slow, hard, unglamorous work of a real spy… ” — Loid to himself while reflecting on his methods to teach Anya.
- Garbage disposal sounds like an unglamorous line of work, but our health and comfort depends on people who get the job done.
A numerical representation (such as ³/₄, ⁵/₈) indicating the quotient of two numbers.
- “I’m sorry about before. Why don’t you watch your show, and then we’ll take another shot at those fractions, okay?” — asked Loid to Anya across her door.
- Did you know that according to our fractional reserve banking system, only about one-tenth of your deposit is required by law to be available for withdrawal?
To mend, cover, or fill up a hole or weak spot in something.
- “They’re patching their security holes left and right.” — Warned the handler to twilight during their appointment.
- I patched up your wound, but you need to avoid scratching it until it fully recovers.
To hold or keep in or as if in custody.
- “Jim Hayward? You’re being detained on suspicion of espionage.” — State Security Service officer to the finance section chief at city hall.
- He has been harassed and detained by the police several times just because of his special appearance. That’s so unfair.
To adapt or modify for a desired end by alteration or special treatment; to alter deceptively.
- “Elaborately doctored photos” — Annotated the author.
- People used to say “Seeing is believing”, but with modern photoshopping technology, everything you see on the internet can potentially be doctored.